Sunday 4 March 2012

Glorious Dress Card

This card was a swap-card for a forum Birthday Card Swap that I run. Not only was it the first time that the recipient had participated in a card swap, but it was also her 60th Birthday as well. So the card needed to be “a bit special”, I hope you think so too!


The background image is from a lovely set of Best Creations papers that I’ve been “saving” for a special card, I’ve stroked them lovingly for about a year, but the time had now come to use them.

The stamp is by Stamps Happen and is called, appropriately, Glorious. Have I mentioned that I love dress stamps? Once or twice, or maybe a tad more! I coloured the image with Promarkers onto oyster cardstock. The stamp has a fine-line outline, but I trimmed the coloured image close to crop this out, as I didn't want to obscure too much of the background
Chandelier.

I inked the edges and stamen of the large gardenia mulberry flower with a promarker to tie it with the stamped image. Tucked behind the mulberry flowers are a pair of Teardrop Hatpins with glass pearls and bicone beads(perhaps you’d like to take a look at my hatpin tutorial)?






As this card was for a special birthday, it was dispatched in a custom-made coordinating box, for ideas on making special card boxes, do visit my card box-making tutorial.











Post-script
After writing this post, my forum friend very sadly had a bleak diagnosis, she is very much in my thoughts, perhaps you can think of her too, and say a little prayer.  However, my goodness me is she a fighter, and she has beeen fighting harder than Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson and Henry Cooper rolled into one.


 


Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. Fab card with a stunning flower embellishment.
    Heike xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card! I love the dress and the background paper is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how lovely, a stunning image and papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card - that background paper is so beautiful and those blooms and pins are just perfect.
    Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card, the flower topper is stunning xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your feedback, thank you for taking the time to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...